Today I’m going to show you where and how to download the 64-Bit version of Apple iTunes for Windows PCs.
For those unfamiliar, running a 64-bit operating system on your Windows PC allows your computer to process data in 64-bit chunks instead of 32-bit chunks. This leads to better performance, increased memory support, and enhanced security features.
To be able to run the 64-Bit version of iTunes on your PC you’ll need to upgrade your computer from the 32-Bit version that comes with every Windows installation to the 64-bit version that improves performance.
Once everything’s ready, you can install the 64-bit version to start taking advantage of all the perks and benefits it has to offer.
Just take note that the 64-bit version is not available on the iTunes Store, but you can easily get this useful piece of freeware program directly from Apple’s Downloads Support site (more on that below).
Also, the latest version offers a similar experience for Windows users as already seen on Mac, so it’s worth trying out.
What is Apple iTunes 64 Bit?
Apple iTunes 64-Bit is a special version of iTunes for Windows computers running on a 64-bit operating system. It’s essentially a piece of software that lets you manage and play your favorite songs, TV shows, movies, and also videos on Windows PCs running on a 64-bit operating system.
Apple introduced the software in 2001 when it launched the first iPod. However, since the launch of iTunes 10.4 in 2011 every version of iTunes for Mac has been 64-bit, so it’s only really something Windows users need to worry about these days.
In short, only Windows users have to download and install the software.
And, just like iTunes for Mac or the 32-bit version for Windows, Apple iTunes 64-bit lets you search for media such as music or video content to download or stream on your Windows device.
But with Apple iTunes 64-bit you’re not limited to video and music content. Besides being able to fill your library with your favorite music, TV shows, and movies, you can also enjoy the most popular podcasts and audiobooks available right now.
As mentioned earlier, it’s a very useful piece of freeware!
Before being able to download the 64-bit version of iTunes to your PC, there’s one requirement you need to meet:
- Make sure Windows 64-bit is compatible with your Windows computer.
- Switch or upgrade from 32-bit Windows to 64-bit Windows.
To make sure Windows 10 64-bit or earlier versions are compatible with your PC, do this:
- Press Win + I on your keyboard.
- Click on System.
- Select About.
- Check system type. If you have a 32-bit operating system, x64-based processor it means your computer is running a 32-bit version of Windows 10 on a 64-bit processor, so it’s compatible. But if you have a 32-bit operating system, x86-based processor, then your computer may not be fully compatible with Windows 64-bit version.
Install the 64-bit Version of Windows 10
- Create a Windows 10 installation media.
- Restart your computer with the USB drive you used to create the Windows installation media connected to the system and start the installation of Windows 10 (or an earlier version).
- Click Next.
- Now click on Install Now.
- Click Skip so you don’t have to enter the product key.
- Click on Custom and select Install Windows only (advanced).
- Select and delete system partitions like this: Drive 0 Partition 1 and Drive 0 Partition 2.
- Click Next and now simply follow the instructions to install the new version of Windows on your PC.
Where and How to Download the Latest Version of Apple iTunes?
Now that your computer is running on the 64-bit version, you can proceed to download and install the appropriate version of iTunes for your computer.
To quickly find the latest version you can search on Google for the downloads page or you can search for it on Apple.com. Or, if you want to save time, you can simply follow the link below.
To download the 64-bit version of Apple iTunes for Windows follow these steps:
The download file can be found here.
Scroll down to where it says “Looking for other versions?” and click on Windows.
Click on the blue button towards the center of the page which says “Download iTunes for Windows now (64-bit).”
After clicking on the previously mentioned button, the file will open in your current internet browser window, at which point you’ll need to click on “Save” to download it to your computer.
Right click the file, select Open, and follow the instruction to install iTunes 64-bit on your Windows PC.
Once you’ve installed the software on your machine, you’ll be to play your favorite music and use popular apps like the ones iPhone and Mac users enjoy.
Not interested in listening to music? No problem. Although most people use this software to play music, there are other apps you can use to catch the latest news, podcasts, and comedy shows.
Also, it’s worth noting that this software is free and so are the apps available for it. At least most of the apps it bundles are free and are also actually apps you’d use.