Google Calendar is a useful app that you can access from any computer or mobile device. It’s great for managing your daily schedule and it comes packed with many useful features that will simplify your life.
There may come a time in which you’ll need to share your Google Calendar with someone for either social or work-related purposes. If your line of work requires you to make use of an online calendar such as the Google or Outlook calendar, then there may be occasions where sharing your calendar with a client, customer, or co-worker will be necessary. At some point, you may even want or need to share it with family and friends for other non-work-related purposes such as watching a movie or having dinner.
Whatever the reason, you’ll be happy to know that the procedure of sharing a Google Calendar is actually quite simple. All you need is a Google account and a calendar to share.
With that said, there are two ways to do this. You can share a Google calendar with specific people or you can share it with the public.
How to share a Google Calendar with a Specific Person or Group of People
- Login to your Google account.
- Open the Calendar tool or simply type calendar.google.com in your web browser’s address bar and press “Enter.”
- Locate the calendar that you want to share and click on the “Menu” button.
- From the pop-up menu, click on “Settings and Sharing.”
- Scroll down to “Share with specific people.”
- Click on “Add People.”
- Enter the recipient’s email address.
- In the Permissions drop-down list, select the level of permissions for each user. For example, recipients may be able only to see event details, or you can allow them to make changes and even manage sharing. These permissions can be changed as often as you like whenever you like.
If the recipient does not have a Google account, you’ll be asked if you want to invite them to sign up for one. Simply click on “Invite” when prompted and the recipient will receive an invite in their mailbox.
If the recipient doesn’t have and doesn’t want a Google account, you can make your calendar public.
How to make a Google Calendar Public
To publicly share a calendar, this is what you need to do:
- Go to calendar.google.com.
- Log in to your account and you’ll see a list of all your calendars in the left-hand panel.
- Find the calendar you want to share.
- Hover over the calendar’s name on the left side and click on the menu button, which is the three vertical dots.
- Click “Settings and Sharing.”
- Scroll down to the Access permissions section and check the box next to Make available to public.
- Click on “Get shareable link” to copy your calendar’s public URL.
- Share your public calendar’s URL with whomever you want to.
Just take note that making your calendar public will make all events visible to everyone, everywhere, including via Google search. For privacy reasons, we recommend keeping your calendar private and share it only with people you know and trust and that have a Google account.